Tuesday, March 24, 2009

WHAT I KNOW ABOUT JUXTAPOSITION (REFLECTION)

Juxtaposition is a weird way (but it still makes sense in the end) of positioning 2 objects together in a parallel way to produce something creative. Two unrelated objects with different concept are randomly selected to solve a problem or to achieve a goal. In class, I have encountered a few tasks of making juxtaposition like flower-spider and it takes me quite some time to illustrate and connect spider and flower together.

I have got a few pictures here which show random juxtaposition and they help me understand the meaning better and better.
Here's a good link of showing humourous juxtaposition http://finalembrace.com/2008/12/04/mixed-signals-at-the-fail-blog/ .

Here are two pictures taken from the link above.

This really makes me laugh and the words that are stated in the image are totally apposing each other. Same goes with the one below!



Here's an art of showing juxtaposition, a picture edited using two unrelated random elements such as the woman's face and the skull. It shows life and death of the woman at the same time. Creatively, it shows the appearance of the woman if she is dead next time (the skull represents that). Image taken from link http://bridgetocolumbia.blogspot.com/2008/07/women-with-half-face.html .


I guess that is all for now and shall continue with another post showing my version of juxtaposition which has been done in the class!

No comments:

Post a Comment